Rocking chair is a unique piece of furniture. The convenient design provides a complete rest for adults and children, and the stylish appearance easily fits into any interior. It is recommended to take a responsible approach to his choice, so that the product meets all the parameters and gives comfort and peace for many years.
The original piece of furniture looks appropriate both in a country house near the fireplace, and in an ordinary apartment. Together with a warm blanket and a favorite book, you can easily relax and forget about all the difficulties of the past day.
Recently, many young mothers have preferred rocking chairs. Smooth movements quickly calm the baby, you can comfortably feed the baby and doze with it, restoring strength. Therefore, if it seems to someone that a rocking chair is a relic, this is far from the case. It easily fits into any environment, creating a warm and cozy atmosphere around you.
REFERENCE!The modern variety of forms and materials allows you to find a product for every taste and budget.
Before buying, you must carefully familiarize yourself with all the characteristics and choose the option that is suitable for a particular situation. Pay attention to the following parameters:
- Place of operation - some models may be left in the open, while others are intended exclusively for home use.
- Design - it should be suitable for your interior. Stylists emphasize that light colors visually increase the space of small rooms.
- Material of the frame and upholstery - it is important that the chair has a strong body. The best materials for its manufacture are metal and wood. The type of upholstery is usually chosen depending on your own preferences. It is believed that skin is easier to care for than tissue.
- Cost. As a rule, the price of these pieces of furniture is relatively high due to the use of environmentally friendly materials. A low price may indicate a low quality product.
- Allowed weight - there are models designed for users with a weight of not more than 100 kg, if necessary, choose more durable options.
- Dimensions - comfort is important, the seat should not be constrained.
ATTENTION!The height of the back should be chosen depending on the height of people who are more likely to use a piece of furniture - the higher the height, the greater the back should be.
Let's consider in more detail how to choose the right unusual product of the right size.
It is necessary to responsibly approach the purchase process, it is especially important not to make a mistake with the sizes. Otherwise, you will just be uncomfortable, and you will have to forget about the desired relaxation. The modern market offers a wide range of rocking chairs made in different styles. Accordingly, the models have different dimensions. Of course, there are certain standards:
- length - 60 cm;
- height - 90 cm;
- product depth - up to 120 cm.
However, when choosing a particular model, it is recommended to focus not on average indicators, but on the parameters of future users. The design must cope with all the expected loads, so that the chair does not crumble elementarily under the weight for which it was not designed originally. This also applies to sizes - a person with a short stature will not be very comfortable in a chair with a large back.
IMPORTANT!Choosing the appropriate option, you need to consider the parameters of users, as well as the premises in which the product will be located. It should harmoniously fit into the designated place and not clutter up the space.
For small rooms, designers are not advised to purchase models that are too large, otherwise the room will become more crowded. But the main condition for choosing, of course, is that the size of the chair impresses the figure of the owner:
- if the seat restrains, it will not be possible to take a comfortable position and relax;
- the armrests should keep your hands in a comfortable position;
- it is imperative that the backrest matches growth.
The easiest way to find an optimal size chair is to sit in your favorite model. When choosing a product in the store, try not just to sit down, but to take your favorite pose and move a little. If at the same time you feel discomfort, you should refuse to buy, regardless of the attractive price or design. Only when a certain tension in the body ceases to be felt can it be concluded that the chair is suitable.
Ordering through the online store, on the one hand, will facilitate the purchase process, since you don’t even have to leave the house, but on the other hand, you will not have the opportunity to evaluate the chair before purchasing it. In this case, the following is recommended:
- using a tape measure measure the parameters of the main parts of your favorite chair;
- Based on the numbers received, order a suitable model.
When planning to purchase a rocking chair, you need to carefully analyze all the characteristics, especially with regard to size. Too small a product can hardly be considered comfortable, and a bulky model will take up a lot of free space. Try to purchase the most suitable option that will delight you for many years.