For every housewife is important order in the house. Especially you need to follow the kitchen where the whole family eats. But sometimes it is difficult to clean old stains on dishes and ingrained scurf in pans and pots. In some cases, it is difficult to wash dishes with standard cleaning products, so you have to resort to the advice of experienced housewives and use traditional methods.
Fortunately, there are various ways to clean dishes with improvised means. In our article we will tell you about some of the techniques for removing old soot from pans using simple tools that are available in every home. If you encounter this problem, read the information provided and select what is right for you.
Cleaning the old deposit outside
Most often the soot appears on the external surface of the pans due to constant contact with open flame. In this case, you can use quite aggressive chemicals, since the external surface does not come into contact with food during cooking. This is an undoubted advantage. However, the outside of the pan has a convex shape, which creates inconvenience during processing. In this case, it is impossible to leave the cleaning products for a long time, they will quickly wash off the surface.
Purchased chemicals are usually expensive and do not always bring the desired result. If you want to save money and safely clean the dishes, you should try the folk ways. The most effective methods of cleaning pans are presented below.
Important! When washing dishes with chemicals, you should observe safety precautions, use rubber gloves, a respiratory mask, and also ventilate the room well.
Method with soap and glue
For this option, you will need a piece of ordinary laundry soap and white glue.
- Pour water into a metal bucket or basin and add one tube of glue (100-150 ml)
- Add a glass of baking soda, turn on the gas to heat the solution.
- Using a float or knife, chop half a piece of laundry soap and pour it into the water.
- Wait for the solution to boil, place the pan in the bucket and boil for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the cooled dishes with a sponge under running water.
Important! Cast iron can be washed, additionally using a metal sponge.
This method involves roasting the surface over an open flame without the addition of oil and cleaning products. Put the dishes on the stove and wait 10 minutes. After that, immerse it abruptly in cold water and clean the carbon with a brush. Depending on the type of coating, coarse or soft bristles can be used to remove burnt dirt.
When cleaning the inner surface, consider the material from which the pan is made. Also, do not forget that it is inside the food will be prepared, so the use of toxic products is not recommended. When working with non-stick and aluminum coating is not allowed to use scratching materials. All this must be remembered when washing and select gentle methods of purification, which are described below.
With soda and vinegar
A universal cleaning method is the use of soda and vinegar. It is quite simple and does not require special tools, while you can work without gloves, if you carefully carry out all the manipulations.
- Pour 1-2 glasses of plain water and 1 glass of vinegar into the pan. Depending on the depth of the pan, more water may be required.
- Heat the contents and wait for the resulting solution to boil.
- Remove the dishes from the stove and put 2 tablespoons of baking soda inside - the solution should actively sizzle.
- Drain the solution, rinse the surface under running water with a regular sponge.
Boiling in baking soda solution
If the pans are many, you can boil them with soda in a large metal basin, tank or bucket. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Pour water into the container and pour baking soda, while keeping the following ratio: one liter of water is half a glass of soda.
- Place all contaminated cutlery in a container.
- Put it on the gas and wait for the boil, boil all the dishes for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the instruments and rinse under running water with a regular sponge.
Important! The method is not suitable for pans with very thin walls, since they can be deformed.
How can you not clean the pan from carbon?
The above methods are excellent help to solve the problem with ingrained fatty deposits, soot and even spots. Using the cleaning components according to the instructions, you will achieve the desired result. However, there are some limitations to pay attention to:
- If plastic parts are on the dishes, they cannot be exposed to open fire and high temperatures for a long time, as this may lead to their melting.
- It is not recommended to use highly toxic substances that can settle on the surface of the dishes, as this will have a bad effect on food.
- If the pan has a non-stick coating or is made of aluminum, it is not recommended to use brushes with a hard pile and metal sponges.