The time has long passed when, in order to receive photographs, it was necessary to visit a photo studio or acquire special equipment and arrange a development laboratory in one of the rooms in the house. Modern technology, the availability of smartphones and digital cameras, as well as color printers, have made the process of photo printing much easier. If you have a printing device, you can get the necessary pictures without leaving your home.
What criteria to consider when choosing a printer for photo printing
In order to choose the right device that will ensure the printing of high-quality photos and it does not require complicated settings and a large amount of consumables, you need to take into account some of the nuances:
- The number of colors. This is a very important parameter, because the more colors the product uses for printing, the better the result will be. For inkjet printer options, 6 or more colors will be optimal - with this value the most accurate color rendition will be provided. If a dye-sublimation printer is used, then 3 colors are enough, since a larger amount is used in professional work.
- Consumables. This parameter will directly affect the number of photos and their final cost. To find out the number of photos that can be printed using one cartridge, you need to divide its cost by a monthly resource. This parameter is especially important for those who print a large number of shots.
- Resolution. For a high-quality image, the value of 4800x1200 pixels will be optimal. This option is not as important as ink quality or printing technology, although it should be considered when choosing.
- Print speed There are models of devices that print at very high speeds, and there are also slower ones in their work. This parameter is very important for people who print a large number of shots and every second of time is important.
- Format. Different device models print photos of various sizes. This should be considered when choosing a printer.
- Additional functions. Some models have an LCD display, which displays all the information about the printing process. They are also equipped with a Wi-Fi module, which allows you to connect your smartphone or tablet remotely and eliminate the extra cables.
REFERENCE! The more sizes of photos a product can print, the more expensive it will be!
What kind of printer is better for printing?
For printing photos using three types of printers. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages:
- Laser. The principle of operation of such a printer is to transmit an electrical signal to a photodrum. Each charge corresponds to a given color. This charge attracts the coloring pigment, which is applied to the paper, and then baked on it. These devices cannot provide high quality of the received images, however, they have high speed. The price of the finished image is also quite high, as the cartridges for laser printers are expensive.
- Thermosublimation. These are more modern devices that have appeared on the market not so long ago. For printing, they use ink film cartridges. The film heats up and the ink goes into a gas state, after which it is fixed on photo paper. Thermosublimation printers print photos of very high quality and perfectly convey all colors. This affects their value. It is rather high, therefore professional photographers use them mainly.
- Inkjet. This is the best option for home use. They print quickly, efficiently and are inexpensive at the same time. In order for the finished photo to have a low cost, an uninterrupted ink supply system is used. The only disadvantage of this device is that the print head is often clogged with ink pigment, so it must be periodically cleaned.
The best printers for printing photos at home
When choosing a technique for home use, each customer takes into account the reputation of the manufacturer. Proven brands are more credible. They produce products that have been tested over the years, and each of them is given an official guarantee.
In each category there is a huge range of models. For those who do not want to spend time searching, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the best printer option for your home.
HP Laser Jet Pro
This small device will be ideal for home use.
Advantages of the printer:
- the ability to print photos of various sizes, from A4 to non-standard;
- low power consumption;
- low consumption of coloring pigment;
- the presence of the indicator, which indicates the completeness of refilling the cartridge;
- the ability to print on any paper, including rough and perforated;
- low cost
- does not have a USB cable;
- low resolution of finished images.
The printer does not have a high speed, but cost effectiveness makes it a good option for use at home.
Inkjet print photos of high quality and bright. They are inexpensive, but in operation are more expensive than laser.
Epson L 805
This is a compact product that uses 6 colors for printing, which ensures high color rendition.
Advantages of the device:
- has a built-in Wi-Fi module;
- differs in high quality of the received pictures;
- easy to maintain;
- has an affordable price.
- can work only with paper size up to A4 size;
- branded ink has a high cost.
Canon Pixma 6840
Very popular model, equipped with Wi-Fi module and LCD display.
The advantages of the product are:
- small sizes;
- fast connection to external devices;
- almost silent work;
- high quality photos;
- possibility of printing from two sides.
- The cost of images is high because the cartridges for the device are expensive.
Consider the best option for home devices.
Canon CP910 Wireless
A small device that produces high quality images. However, they do not fade with time. Differs in simplicity in leaving.
- compact size and low weight;
- ease of management and configuration;
- the presence of a built-in battery that allows you to work offline;
- low cost;
- wireless connectivity.
- expensive supplies;
- the cartridge is enough for a small amount of a photo;
- can print only one format.
When choosing a printing device, you need to determine exactly for what purposes it will be used, how many photos you plan to print per month, as well as a reasonable price for consumables.
The correct model will be able to please high-quality images for a long time.